Application Process – Hourly
- Applications for employment are accepted from all interested persons. Please apply only for specific open positions. Each position title requires a separate application.
- An application becomes inactive when there have been repeated unsuccessful attempts to reach an applicant to clarify which position an application is to be submitted or to arrange and interview, also if an applicant has repeatedly failed to keep appointments for interviews.
- Applicants skilled tests for some positions maybe required before referral for interviews or during interview with employing departments.
- Applicants are responsible for adding new information to their applications. Staffing Services will not make changes to the application.
- Misstatements or concealment of material facts on the application for employment will subject an applicant to disqualification before employment or dismissal after employment.
- Applications are reviewed and screened for each job opening by the hiring department and Staffing Services based on the criteria needed to perform the job. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the hiring department to schedule an appointment.
- The references of applicants who become finalists for a position are checked by the hiring department. An applicant cannot be hired until the reference check is completed.
- Individuals are notified by email only by Human Resources of a hiring decision as soon as possible following a search. Please make sure your email is listed on your application.
- Employment may be contingent upon the completion of a background check for a valid Maine driver’s license, a State Bureau of Investigation, a credit rating and/or a pre-employment physical.
- Successfull applicants should visit the New Employees Website for detail information on working at UMaine.